Today kicks off the re-launch of our Journey to Fit blog and new schedule. We are super excited to bring lots of new things your way.
Today is also the beginning of relaunch my commitment to continuing to improve my health. I had to take some time off for working out due to a surgery in March. While my recovery was a little more longer than I expected, I’m now ready to refocus and challenge myself to reach some goals I’ve set for myself.
This week as I restart things, I’m challenging myself to walking 2 miles, 6 days this week. 3 days of yoga for 45 minutes each day and 3 days of working out with the weights. I also want to reach my daily water intake goal of 100 ozs of water.
Not only will we be bringing you more blog posting with tips, ideas, recipes, and more information but I will also be blogging about my journey to lose weight and reach my goals. All of it. The good, the bad, and the really ugly! The struggles, the joys, and what I’m eating.
So follow the Journey to Fit. Like us, follow us, share us, and check back often to see what’s new. We look forward to sharing the journey with you.
Until next time, stop and smell the flowers, don’t let life flash before your eyes!
Wisdom Wednesdays will be bringing you tips and thoughts on healthy living and wellness. Simple and easy things to make your life better.
Today we are starting off with something simple but very powerful!! Think about this and really look at how positive your life has been? Is it? Has it been? Mind over matter is a very powerful thing. It can make or break you in almost everything you do. No matter how bad things may seem, always remember, it could be worse. Somewhere someone is dealing with something just as difficult if not worse. Find a positive to everything going on in life. Use experiences as lessons. Grow and learn. Smile, love, and spread happiness no matter how rough things are. What kind of difference will this make in your life?
Powerful. Think about it.
Today we start our new daily blog topics. Manic Mondays will cover information and tips about eating healthy & exercising with a busy schedule.
We all know, now-a-days everyone is busy. Between kids, work, sports practices, dance classes, meetings, laundry, and everything else that comes along with the chaos of everyday life……really, who has time to exercise and eat right? Running through a drive thru and grabbing a cheeseburger is so much easier. Right? Yes but no. What are you doing to your health? Yes, it might be easy right now and solve a hunger problem at the moment but what about later. What about later in life when you have realized you have put on 50 pounds or you’re laying in a hospital bed waiting on the doctors to tell you whether or not you need surgery to open a clogged artery that is causing you chest pain.
So today, we’d like to share some easy tips for some simple exercising you can add to your daily schedule without having to give up a lot of time.
- Drink water! – Increase your water intake if you have not done so already. Water is so important for a healthy body.
- Take the steps – when possible take the steps. Yes, this may suck and we would rather take the escalator or elevator but take the steps and your heart and body will thank you.
- Park in the back of a parking lot – don’t park close to the door. Park and walk. Think of all the times we drive circles around a parking lot waiting for a close parking spot to open up. STOP doing this! Just park and walk.
- TV watchers – don’t sit on the couch and watch TV. Yes, we all have had a long day. Yes we are all tired. Yes we all want to sit down and relax. BUT take at least 30 minutes of that TV show and do some exercising while you watch TV. March and or jog in place, do sit ups or crunches, push ups. Get some can goods out and do arm curls. Do jumping jacks, leg lefts, squats. There are so many things you can do at home while watching your normal TV.
- Make good use of your time – during phone calls, while cooking dinner, doing laundry, etc you can mix in some exercising. Do leg squats, jogging in place, leg lifts, and more. It’s a little strange in the beginning and your family and co-workers might think you are losing it but hey, YOU are getting some exercise. That’s what matters!!
So, simple things you can do everyday to make a difference in YOUR health and wellness. You don’t need a fancy gym or 2 hours a day to get some exercise in, just simple small changes are enough to make a positive change.
Simple at home exercises.
I must say, this Vi-Trim has become my new favorite product. Next to the shakes of course. I LOVE this!!! Here’s what makes this so awesome;
• Controls your hunger – big time!
• No Caffeine
• Flavor free
• Helps you lose or maintain weight
• Add it to anything! – water, tea, juice, Vi shake
It’s a clear powder & has no taste. It’s so simple to use when you can add it to any drink and not worry about it changing the flavor.
I highly recommend ordering a box of this stuff. Comes in a box of 30 so you are set for a month!!